Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lantern Heart / Anyway, I Can Stay Alive, Be Alive

I'm living with a lantern in my heart. Only from time to time.
(It's dimly lit. An artificial light. That keeps light here. It keeps light here for now)
but what happens when it burns out?

(This one, fear.)

...is all an illusion I keep in my head. This one fear tricks me like this; I believe in the fears around me. The fear that goes like this, "Will I live the right way?"

And my answer.

Roads burn and break. These road are nothing to trust. These exits are our opportunities to leave. Exits keep being built and built. Take an exit, leave on another. Living the right way is no way at all. Our ideas are not mapped out, they are figured out. Existing is all you can do.

I say to you (earth, universe, person, other worlds, extraterrestrials) "Exist. Exist. Whisper to yourself. I'm following the spotlight that leads me to any destination where I can breath."

So I breath slowly. heavily. steadily. anyway, I can stay alive.
So I think sloppily. in disarray. consistently. anyway, I can be alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment